Clarity UHD Data Sheet
Matrox® Clarity UHD is a comprehensive video capture card supporting the full range of video formats from standard definition (SD) to high definition (HD) all the way to ultra-high definition (UHD).
- Capture from legacy to the latest video sources through support for SD analog to UHD digital formats
- Connect and switch between different video sources via Mini DisplayPort, HD-BNC, HDMI, and custom analog DVI(1) connectivity
- Handle multiple video sources with the simultaneous capture of up to eight HD or two UHD streams (2)
- Optimize video transmission and storage through onboard multi-stream H.264 encoding
- Minimize system footprint by way of a single-slot PCIe card design
Multi-facet video capture with UHD clarity Zebra®
Clarity UHD is a comprehensive video capture card supporting the full range of video formats from standard definition (SD) to high definition (HD) all the way to ultra-high definition (UHD). Mini DisplayPort® , HD-BNC, HDMI® , and custom analog DVI1 connectivity are provided to hook up to and switch between the different types of legacy and advanced video sources used in medical, surveillance, and simulation-training applications. System setup and management are further simplified with the board’s automatic video source presence and format detection. Zebra Clarity UHD can simultaneously acquire multiple streams— such as eight HD (1080p60) or two 4K UHD (2160p60) video streams—and reliably transfer these off-board using its efficient PCIe® 2.0 x8 host interface.
Video pre-processing and H.264 encoding (CLA4GHDSAE only)
In addition to video capture, Zebra Clarity UHD can offload video pre-processing tasks such as scaling, compositing, and de-interlacing from the host processor. An optional H.264 encoder supports a range of profiles—from baseline up to the high 4:4:4 predictive3 — for the broadest choice in encoded video quality for recording and distribution. Video pre-processing and H.264 encoding are designed to keep up with the board’s multi-stream acquisition capability